Thursday, July 26, 2007

Silk Ribbon Embroidery


I finally got to do the SRE kit that I've had for nearly a year. This is an insert that is supposed to go into the cover of a journal (which was included in the kit). I think I may put it in a cq block instead; I'll have to think about it. It was fun to do, but the directions weren't totally clear to me. I ended up not doing the magenta flower the way it was supposed to be done, but I still like it. I gave it beads in the center, instead of French knots, and I did that on purpose, but the petals I did differently because I'm dumb. The largest lavender flower didn't come out the way it was supposed to be either; it's way smaller, and sort of looks like a wad of gum. Artistically chewed gum, but yeah, gum. I also mixed up the light green and yellow ribbons. Don't ask me how that happened, but some of the flowers have light green centers and yellow leaves. Must be some of those genetically engineered plants.

4 comments:

Magpie Sue said...

We are always the harshest critics of our own work aren't we? In spite of what you see as less than stellar work I'm sure you'll turn this into something lovely. :- )

Magpie Sue said...

I forgot to say that *I* think it already looks lovely!

Maddie Can Fly said...

Looks good to me. I think your decisions should be called "design elements" instead of mistakes. I like the big purple flower and even the smaller purple one.

Susan said...

I don't think there is a thing wrong with anything on this piece. I clicked and got a close-up, and I love the purple flower! You did beautiful work, and if you hadn't told us everything you thought was wrong, none of us would have seen anything amiss. =)