Monday, August 22, 2011

Two finished blocks

This is a just-for-fun block I did with a part of a bread cloth as the center piece. I added a lot of detail stitches to the machine embroidered image. The multiple embroidered band across the top above the gimp trim was done partially with some hand-dyed variegated threads that Lauri gave me. I'm trying to get her to dye some to bring to the retreat to sell. They are lovely and wonderful to stitch with.

This one is for a friend who is going through a rough patch.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

CQ blocks

These are some blocks I've been playing with lately. I really should be working on finishing my witch hat, but I kind of hate to finish it. It's been so much fun to work on and add stuff to, and when I put it together, that will be done. It'll be fun to wear it, too, but I bet I'll get some funny looks at Walmart.

And speaking of funny looks....this is a clear plastic mask that Michaela painted. We took turns trying it on, but it looks especially weird on me, if I do say so myself.