Wednesday, June 6, 2007


On Wednesday night last week, Rachel and Jared had Corbin and Zackery baptized at Messiah Lutheran Church. It was just a small ceremony, with only family attending. I think it's sort of funny that R & J have connections with so many churches. Rachel was raised Catholic, and attended Holy Family School here in GJ from K-8th grade. They were married at Crossroads United Methodist Church. And now the boys are baptized at the Lutheran Church. I am so grateful for the openness of these Protestant Churches. While I would have preferred to have the wedding and baptisms in our church, the "hoops" that one must jump through in order to marry or have a child baptized are a bit too much, in my opinion.


Anyway, the first picture was taken before the ceremony. That's Michaela, godfather Will Bell, and godmother Trystan. The second picture is of the proud godfather holding Zackery. Rachel had asked Will to be Corbin's godfather years ago, but they didn't get around to the actual baptism till now. Corbin will be old enough to remember it, and that's sort of cool. Zack will just have to see the pictures.

I got these posted backwards; sorry, maybe someday I'll have this all figured out.













Corbin appears to be thinking that this baptism business is taking too long (5th picture).


I was surprised to have a feeling of relief somewhere inside me after the baptisms. It's not that I was worried about the boys' immortal souls being in danger, because I can't believe that God would hold innocent children responsible for their parents' procrastination. It's hard to explain. I guess it just makes me happy to know they are officially marked as children of God. And God bless the Methodist and Lutheran Churches!



1 comment:

Susan said...

I just love that last picture of your little guy! =) I know the feeling of relief. Our church doesn't baptise until 8 years old, because we believe that children are innocent and have a direct ticket to heaven before "the age of accountability."