This quilt has been in the works for two years, I think. I tried to get it done for the county fair last summer, but I would have had to just finish it quickly, and I had definite ideas about borders and embellishments. So now I'm trying to get it done for this year's fair, which means I have exactly 3 weeks to finish it, or wait....again.
Each block has some wording on it, either a poem, a bit of song lyrics, or a quotation. Having this in the works for such a long time has meant that I've learned new things in the interim. So after I sewed the blocks together and embroidered those seams, I had to add a button cluster, lace that I dyed, and some beading. Then I added a couple of charms, and the setting embroidery for them. It's still in need of something in the remaining three intersections; I have some huge buttons in mind for two of them, but I haven't decided about it for sure yet.
In order of appearance, these blocks are middle row right, top row center, top row right, bottom row right, and top row left.