Thursday, October 30, 2008

The last RR block....for this RR anyway!

This block belongs to Linda B. in Nova Scotia. It got out of order after taking a long leisurely journey across the Atlantic Ocean, but I think it's almost back up to speed. I got it in the mail on 10-28 and have done my work on it quickly, but well, I think, and it goes to Lisa today for finishing touches.
I did the herringbone based stitch under the fan, using some perle cotton that I dyed myself in variegated pink, blue, and purple.

And I did the lace motif and feather stitch vine, both also dyed by me. I hope I left enough room for Lisa to work some magic too!

3 comments:

Diane said...

There's some really interesting stuff on this block that you worked on. I really like how your dyed perle turned out, and gives a lovly effect on the stitches. There are two big leaves, both have holes in them, and they don't look like bought lace, is that needle lace?

Thelma said...

Beautiful work Janet!!

pam said...

Love the work you have done Janet on Linda's block.
The dove is beautiful as are the leaves etc Linda will love it all.
I am wondering too if those leaves are needlelace,very attractive.
Pam