Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Great Button Buy!


On Monday of this week, which was my first day without the responsibility of children since May, I went to mail a package and stopped into our local Joann's. They had some buttons on clearance with red tags, so I picked out a few, about $10 worth at the clearance price, and took them to the register. When they rang up, they were coming up at 10,25, or 50 cents each. They totalled $4! So I went back later and really looked them over. I ended up spending another $20 for buttons that, when I totalled the retail price, came to over $106. I got hand painted kitties, a tiger, and a moose. There are 3 different Mary Engelbreit styles, fancy filigrees, Scotty dogs, roses, bunnies, pumpkins, strawberries, and mother of pearl ones. Take a look; click on the picture to see them larger.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, that's quite a haul! Some of them make me want to grab them out of the picture. =)

Gerry said...

WOW, I never find bargains like that. LOL. Although I do have some of those same buttons. Hmmmmm, let me think - oh yeah, I paid full price. LOL.

piney cq said...

Awwwww..... so THIS is the infamous haul!!!! Great job!!!! VBG Lucky girl!!!