Friday, May 11, 2007

The MEME challenge

My local cq buddy Lauri tagged me for this Meme challenge. I'm supposed to tell 7 things that you wouldn't know about me. Since I just started this blog, that gives me a lot of options, doesn't it?
Lauri's 7 were fascinating; we've only known each other since last fall, so there's a lot I don't know about her. (I don't know how to put in links yet, but you can check her out at Don'tcallmecrafty.blogspot.com.) We haven't met each other's husbands yet, though we have met most of each other's kids (we have 8 between us). Well, here goes:

1. Lauri is the first new friend I've made in about 10 years. I have made lots of what I'd term "friendly acquaintances" in that time, but no one else that I would give the title FRIEND.

2. My sense of humor is often....ummm.......earthy? base? sophomoric? dirty? twisted? irreverent?Yes.

3. I only dated a few other guys before I met my husband. We married when I was 19, he was 20, and have been married 28 1/2 years. And we still like each other!

4. I have a very vivid imagination. I can see a picture of an exotic locale and imagine myself there. Travel doesn't interest me very much, as I do it so often inside my head.

5. I converted to Catholicism when I was 24, and am now a volunteer catechist (religious education teacher) for 3rd graders at my parish. This is one of things that makes me most proud. And yes, pride is one of the seven deadly sins.

This is getting harder....

6. I used to be blond when I was a preschooler. I remember hearing people remark on my unusual combination of very blond hair and very dark brown eyes. I am now headed in the "blond" direction again. Okay, so it's grey....it's definitely not brown.

7. My greatest joy in life is being a mother and grandmother. My greatest fear is that I might lose my ability to create beautiful things.

Yow! That was sort of hard. Now I'm supposed to tag someone else. Actually, I'm supposed to tag 5, but I don't know that many bloggers. So I tag my Canadian cq buddy, Judith Anne McTavish.

1 comment:

Judith Anne said...

Thanks, Janet. I am enjoying reading your new blog. Yahoo is missing a great blogger!
I'll try to pick up the torch and reveal 7 things unknown about myself im my blog.

http://ca.360.yahoo.com/jmct47