Thursday, September 20, 2007

Victorian boot completed....


The more Christmas-y colored side includes two types of braid, and therefore less embroidery, and a button cluster. I'm really loving my recent haul of great clearance priced buttons!

The side I like the best has more elaborate emboidery. I used a lot of the Sassa Lynn threads that I bought from Susan Nixon, and also some beads that I got from her. Just a touch of silk ribbon embroidery, and voila! a very Victorian lady's boot.
This will be for a swap which will take place closer to Christmas. I'm not usually this early in getting things done, but I've got a lot to do before Christmas, and wanted this finished so I can concentrate on other things.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Your boot is excellent, Janet. Whomever gets it will be very lucky to get such a beautiful creation.

Gerry said...

Nice work, Janet. I really like the contrast from front to back. The gold braid is really pretty.

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet,

Your Victorian boot looks great, I love both sides!