Monday, September 3, 2007

Red rick rack roses...


I tried the tutorial from Janet Stauffacher (of Vintage Vogue fame) on her blog:
http://nostalgicneedleart.blogspot.com
to do these roses. I didn't have any rick rack at home, and Walmart's selection left much to be desired, but I finally bought the red metallic. It didn't turn out too bad. The largest rose is done using about 36" of rick rack, and the two smaller ones used lesser amounts. The smallest was done with about 12", just to give you an idea of how you can manipulate the size. You can also make them smaller by using smaller rick rack; this was "jumbo", but I think medium would work also. Janet S. says you can use the baby size, too, but that sounds really tricky to me.


This is a closer shot to show the detail, hopefully!

No comments: