Saturday, February 12, 2011

Some finished blocks and a dreaming dog

A member of one of my CQing groups recently had a heart attack, and I made this block for her. She apparently likes Victorian style and slate blue. I found this little silkie of a very Victorian couple in my stash, and pulled the embellishment colors from the colors in the silkie. The gimp trim is hand-dyed, as are the lace leaves. The flowers on the leaves are some buttons.

In the same group we're doing a block swap with a cat or dog theme. I found a card with the cute little girl and her puppies on it and made myself a silkie.



For the first time in his life, instead of dreaming he was chasing rabbits, Jaxon dreamed he WAS a rabbit....and it felt so right.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Just beautiful! How do you make your silkies?

Ruby said...

So does that mean Jaxon was chasing himself?? LOL

Lovely blocks you have made.

Judy S. said...

Your stitching is just as beautiful as always, Janet! Cute dog too.

Susan said...

Love the blocks, I too have the same question as Laurie - how do you make your silkies?

Regards,

Susan
W. Australia

Maddie Can Fly said...

I like both of them. The little guy and puppy silkie is so darn cute!