I was the first to get to work on Kerry's block. It is done mostly in dupioni silks and has a central patch with a tulip print in beautiful spring colors. So hard to decide which space to occupy when the whole thing is screaming, "Stitch here, stitch here!" Finally I decided on the upper left corner and planted a lavender lace motif that is a part of some trim I bought in Denver last September at the CQ retreat. It was very expensive stuff, if I recall correctly, about $30 a yard, but really exquisite. I used some hand-dyed green trim to meander around a second patch. Then I added some SRE loop flowers in the darkest purple on the block, and some pink variegated roses and lavender detached chain buds.
I recently was given a gift of some vintage silk twist threads, so I used them to make some very dainty feather stitch vines and cast-on flowers. The web is done in metallic sewing thread, so you have to look closely to see it. The spider is my usual 2-bead variety, but done in dark purple (I know that Mother Nature color-coordinates her creatures to help them hide from predators or prey, but this may be stretching that just a bit!). Last, I added a bee up in the largest loop, and she's color-coordinated too; gold and dark purple!
As always, you can click on the picture for a close-up.
This block will be making a world tour over the next 5 months, as it goes next to Nevada (USA), then Nederland, then Italy, back to USA in Oregon, and finally home to Alberta, Canada.