Friday, April 17, 2009

Black and white schlep bag, finished.

I forgot to take pictures of the individual blocks after they were embellished and before they were sewn together, so I tried to get them to pose afterward. Notice that I added touches of pink and dusty rose, the traditional color for breast cancer research and awareness. It didn't occur to my conscious brain until just now that that was true, but apparently my subconscious knew it all along.
The grey brocade you see peeking out is the focus fabric inside the bag. In other words, the bag is completely reversable, and the brocade takes the place of the CQ blocks on the other side.




And here's two views of the finished bag. Soon it will be off to Omaha for the July Crazy Quilt Convention, where it will be auctioned or raffled off to raise money for breast cancer research.

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

Awesome, Janet! I love the block with the fan and rose...so pretty. The touches of color are perfect with the black and white.

Cathy said...

BEAUTIFUL! Great bag, Janet! Your work is absolutely wonderful. Hugs, Cathy

Ruby said...

Janet, lovely bag. I've been back twice to look at the stitching! Where does the name "schlep" originate? Thanks, Ruby

Karen said...

WOW Wish someone was going and would bid for me!! I want it,,,,,

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Janet - I dare anyone to schlep around with this bag! lol - the future owner will be way too proud of it to schlep - she'll be proud as a peacock to show it off. It is a real beauty!! It must be so hard to let it go!
Hugs,
Kerry