I cooked black bean chili last night, so the night before I had soaked the beans and saved the water for dyeing. Here's the lace I did. They are obviously made of different fibers because of the difference in which they absorb the dye. And they're not dry yet in this photo, but they have been set in the microwave and rinsed in cool water.
These are some of the things I worked on yesterday trying to get ready for the show on December 2nd. I actually wrote a list of things on the dry erase board on the refrigerator and as I completed things yesterday I had the pleasure of walking up and swiping an item off. The CQing was already done in each case; just the putting together needed to be done, but that's the least fun part for me, so I put it off. I thought the little cabinet-like things would be terribly easy to finish, but they fought me all the way and required some steps I hadn't planned on. The smaller boxes are paper mache ones I purchased at Hobby Lobby and had intended to make into combination pin cushion/button boxes but that didn't work out, as I'd done the CQ pieces too small to cover the tops if I included as much fiberfill as would be required. They're cute anyway, and could hold chocolates as a gift, then be used as a desk or vanity accessory.