Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Food Fight!

I came up with what I think is a new idea for a swap, and I'm ready to host it on CQ for Newbies. It involves piecing and embellishing a block that represents a particular food or recipe. Each player will complete one or more blocks and send them, along with the recipe for the food, to me. I will swap them around and send each player back different blocks and recipes to keep. My ultimate plan is to make color copies of each block and recipe and combine them into a little CQ cookbook for each of the participants to have. Here are the blocks I've come up with so far.

This will accompany a recipe for pumpkin corn bread, which I love and have never seen a recipe for anywhere else. I got it from a distant relative.

This will probably go with a recipe for chocolate cookies of some kind. The center panel is a counted cross stitch design I did about 15 years ago. I used the colors from it to piece the outer ring, so it's not all chocolate brown, but....

...all the fabrics in this block say "chocolate" to me. There are two velvets, some silk, a creamy white chocolate moire taffeta, and that cotton print that *screamed* chocolate chip cookies at me years ago when I bought it (I must have been hungry at the time). I haven't decided what recipe will go with this one. Maybe a chocolate mousse....is there such a thing as chocolate chip chocolate mousse?

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Janet, I love this blocks, I have finally came up with the receipe I am will do...this is so fun...thanks for hosting this swap.

Judy S. said...

Very fun! I saw a pillow once that said: "Chocolate is a vegetable."

Malla said...

Your blocks are great, they have caracter. I love the colors of the last chocolate block. Very nice idea for a swap.

Susan said...

http://dye-a-lot.blogspot.com/

Go read her post from today - you were one of the people who commented!

Love your blocks, especially the chocolate one. =)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I think the white lace just might be Irish Chrochet.