Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A good day at Sallie's.....

I did a little shopping at Salvation Army yesterday and made quite a good haul....

There's this cute doily, which I can't decide if it is crocheted, tatted, or something else. In spots it looks more woven than anything. If you click on the image, it will enlarge and you can see the detail better. If someone knows how this was made, I'd appreciate knowing; please, leave me a comment.

I bought 8 ties! These 3 aren't silk, but I loved the pattern of the fabrics.

These 3 are silk, and all have a gold tone in them that matches. Made me wonder if they all belonged to the same man who liked gold-toned ties.

This one is silk and made for The Nature Conservancy in honor of the Mexican Grey Wolf (this is the back side). When I first saw it I thought it was German shepherd dogs. I have a tie similar to this that is all frogs.

And the front of the wolf tie next to a bold red and black silk print.

1 comment:

CrazyKwilter said...

Hi Janet, Nice haul!
The doily isn't crocheted or tatted, it might be bobbin lace. I'm not that familiar with BL but that was my first thought. I really need a Stash Enhancement eXpedition! Heehee

Patricia