Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Colorado Retreat, part eight...8...VIII...

On Thursday, I taught a lettering on waste canvas class, and on Sunday I "demonstrated" painting images on fabric. I didn't really feel like it was something I could teach, but I invited everyone who wanted to to paint along with me. We had a bird book, some Colorado Outdoors magazines, an Ideals magazine with flowers, and some bird magazines from which to get inspiration and images. This photo was taken of the table from the loft. Everyone except Claudina opted to paint a bird.

Here's Sarah and Juli...

Michelle...

Diane's bird....

Sandy....

Helen's bird....

Gerry H's bird....

Claudina's bears....

And my bird.

2 comments:

Quayceetatter said...

That is a neat class, wished I could have been there!!

Diane said...

Janet, thanks so much for leading us in this class. I had so much fun and quite honestly was amazed that my bird turned out looking like a bird!

Thanks too, for being quick off the mark in writing up about the retreat. I've directed all my family to your blog to see the fun that we all had together.