I'm planning to teach a silk ribbon embroidery class in May, and this little aqua colored bear seemed like a great display item. He was originally a zodiac bear, with the pisces symbol on one foot and the word on the other, so the first thing I did was cover his feet with patches of ivory moire taffeta. I'd already decided to use that fabric for the vest, so his feet now match his vest. I used a pattern that I drew up awhile back, and drew around the pattern pieces directly onto the moire. Then I stitched the flowers. Here's how it looks at that point (the two fronts are on the left, the back on the right):
I cut them out, leaving a scant 1/4" seam allowance.
Using the pieces themselves as templates, I cut the lining pieces out of a cotton print.
Stitched fronts to backs at shoulders, then sewed the lining and fronts together, leaving open a bit of the back on the bottom for turning. After it's turned right side out, I blind stitched the opening and pressed it gently on a thick towel. That's probably the trickiest part of this process, as I managed to flatten my SRE more than I would have liked. I probably should have just pressed the edges and not the embroidered parts, but silk ribbon is very forgiving. I spritzed it with water and lifted each bit up a little, and it looks fine.
After it was all together, I realized I'd forgotten to give the bee on the front his wings....