Friday, March 13, 2009

Spiders and webs, Marya's block

Here's the second block I've gotten to work on in this RR. It belongs to Marya in CA. I started with a long Venice lace motif, which I cut up to make it fit the corner that the seams formed, then I stitched it down and beaded it. Then I added the spider and web, the button cluster, and the vines. Last, I stitched two tiny bees. If you click on the photo, it will enlarge and you can see details, including the funny little fly button in the cluster.

This is a block I made for a "hearts and flowers shower" that we do on CQ for Newbies. It went to Violet in Australia who was injured and lost friends in the fires that raged there earlier this year.

8 comments:

Rays of Stitches said...

Beautiful work! Barb

Ira said...

Beautiful work. I love you button cluster.

Thelma said...

So beautiful Janet,,and I love those bees, was that an organza ribbon you used for the wings. Both blocks are beautiful!! Your handwork is just awesome!!

Rengin Yazitas said...

Hi Janet,
Great work, I loved your bees and button cluster. The wings must be organza, am I right? They look so sheer, very nice.
Best wishes,
Rengin, in Istanbul

Judy S. said...

Lovely stitching, Janet. How'd that fly escape the spider's web? The buttons are a perfect addition as are the bees. How did you do their wings?

Maddie Can Fly said...

I'm in love with that spiders web -- and I hate spiders (LOL). Great job Janet -- the block owner is so lucky.

Connie said...

I love what you did with the venice lace and the spider's web - very creative!

luverlie said...

Oh my! Beautiful work! This is why I don't do round robins. My work would never compare. Would love to comment on every post but you would be so tired of my ohhhhing and ahhhing! It's all gorgeous!