Friday, February 27, 2009

CQ pillows

A friend asked me to make two pillow tops for her to give to friends. She even sent me a huge box of velvet scraps from Taylor's Cutaways and let me keep what I didn't use. That's including some of the velvet that she embossed herself with leaf and sea shell designs. She chose the color schemes, but other than that, she let me have free rein.

So I did some SRE sprays, and just had fun with the seam treatments. I don't usually work with such big patches, so I made my seam embroidery bigger than I usually do, and I did some whimsical motifs, too.

4 comments:

quiltlion said...

Janet, these pillows are sssooo Victorian!! They are just beautiful!! Lyn G

Anonymous said...

Very nice Janet, your stitching is always so neat & tidy!! Debbie (Maine)

Mary-Frances said...

gorgeous! I love the colors!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Your new silk techniques fit very nicely, didn't they? How did it feel working in this larger scale? I like them a lot -- very nice!!