Thursday, March 19, 2009

More spiders...

This is some of my work on Gerry K's block in the round robin. I did the web in gold metallic thread, and the spider is two yellow beads. I also did the seams above and below the patch, using Wildflowers thread in the variegated color called "Rain Forest". I made cast-on stitch flowers (that match the salmony pink color of the large crocheted flowers) for the feather stitch vine that someone else did. Then I added 3 of the little bees around the block and tucked in one of the fly buttons, 'cause a spider's gotta eat. Click on the photo for a close up.

5 comments:

Connie said...

Love your work Janet!

Thelma said...

Lovely work Janet!

Judy S. said...

Hi Janet, I just found another one of your cute little bees when I enlarged the block to study the detail....lots of spiders, not just one, and the little miss is surely Little Miss Muffett with a scary spider dangling down by her nose. Very nice work!

Rustic Path Gardens said...

This is gorgeous!

joannestitches said...

What a beautiful block, everyone's work is great. love it. joanneg