Saturday, December 15, 2007

The owl's change of feathers and some hearts


A leopard may not be able to change his spots, but an owl can change his plumage. I very carefully gave the owl a wash of brown paint, then a dry brushing of black/brown. He's no longer a snowy owl and now feels much more comfortable in his summery world.


These are two hearts I received from Lesa, our CQ for Newbies list mom. I love them both. The snowman one is so appropriate for my snowy environment right now, and the pink flower fairies have me looking forward to spring!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Two fun hearts! This is a pretty scene, too. The owl does look right, now. I love the tree. I looked at it close up the other day, but don't think I left a comment, as Paul was hurrying me up for something.

Maddie Can Fly said...

You are so brave to paint your little owl. I liked him as a snow owl also. Thanks for posting the hearts.

p.s. I have that same fabric that you've used for a background on the owl picture (g)