Saturday, October 27, 2007

Boxes for the craft show





These are some of the boxes I'm doing for the show. The dark grained wooden ones are some unfinished wood boxes that I have purchased at either Hobby Lobby or Michael's. Wood working is NOT my strong suit, so they are not what you'd call masterfully finished, but I did stain them and applied a varnish. The tiniest boxes, which I don't think are in the pictures, have a CQ piece that measures about 1 1/2" square on them. The smallest pictured ones are rectangular and the CQ piece is about 2 1/2" by 1 1/2".
The white boxes and the black one in a previous post were also purchased from Hobby Lobby, and were already finished. The white ones were startlingly white, so I gave them a gold wash to antique them and tone down the glare a little.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Janet the boxes are very pretty. Wish I saw nice boxes that were hand stitched on at my craft fair.

Candi said...

Janet, your boxes are just beautiful! I'm sure they will sell like hot cakes!! You did a wonderful job on them.
HUGZ:)
Candi

Courtney Short said...

beautiful and so darned inspiring.. you have given me some great ideas to make thing with my CQ squares!!

Anonymous said...

Janet,I also do craft shows but nothing as beautiful as your boxes.You inspire me.Keep up the great work!Linda

Ira said...

Wery beautiful boxes. I hope you will sell all for good price.

Ramsgirl said...

I have never seen these sorts of boxes before. You make beautiful items. How does the patchwork attach to the wood box?