Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Trystan and Matt, married at last....

We celebrated the wedding June 7th, at Covenant Presbyterian Church here in town. Matt's mother is a Presbyterian minister and performed the ceremony for them, which made a special occasion even more special.
Here is Trystan's garter, complete with her favorite animal, a bat.
The wedding party included (L to R) Rachel, Evelyn the flower girl, Michaela, Trystan, Matt, Zack the ring bearer (or as he kept saying, the ring burier; we didn't let him near a shovel), Matt's brother Denis, Corbin, and Trystan and Matt's college friend, Graham.
The girls wore red shoes, each in her own style.
The guys in their cool "snapping" photo.
Paul and I in our wedding finery. The church was decorated for Pentecost, so much of the red décor wasn't done by us, and we didn't plan it that way; just a lucky coincidence.
The happy couple at the reception. I guess that arm you see on the right is Rachel, demonstrating that Trystan's wedding gown has pockets....
One of the things I made for the wedding that I was most pleased with was Trystan's fan bouquet. I made the fan out of a doily that my mother had crocheted years ago by adhering it to a fan frame I got at Hobby Lobby. The flowers were all silk, which was nice as they were purchased at Christmas time and I worked on them when I had time from then through June. I finished Trystan's bouquet after she came home for the wedding, so she could have more input on the details. Here it is modeled by Zack.

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Fun photos, Janet! Don't know how I got so behind.... Anyhow you did a great job on the bouquet; it was gorgeous!