Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Brown color study, stockings, Corbin

 This is Doris's block in the brown color study RR I'm involved with on CQ4N. She printed an image of her dog, Maddie, as the center patch. I'm the second to work on this and my additions are the button heart motif, "Maddie", the wagon wheel seam, and the ribbon roses on the brown doily.
 When I did this motif, I first stitched down the button, thinking it would be my guide for placing the heart around it and the embellishing stitches. But when I had the heart stitched on, I could see that I'd done it a bit off center, so I had to remove the button and scooch it over a fraction of an inch. Next time I'll do the heart first.
 These are two of the Christmas stockings I'm working on for Cindy, a lady I work with. Parker is her grandson, and Brielle is his twin sister. I've been saving those tiny little Christmas light charms for forever, and as luck would have it, I had exactly 15 of them, enough for 5 for each of the kids' stockings (the twins have and older brother, Zachary).
 Corbin spent one week of his summer vacation at a science camp where they learned all about different types of creepy crawlies. One of their projects was making a fabric hand puppet that was like a frog, then when you turned it inside out, it was a tadpole. It was just glued together at the edges, so when he got back here with it, I threaded a needle for him and he set about stitching the edges where the glue had missed. Why he is wearing a paper snake skeleton on  his head while he does it, is anybody's guess.

No comments: