Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Glimpsing....progress

Here's what I've done so far on these blocks. This first one has a lace cameo that I've almost totally covered with beads, including some tiny leaf shaped glass ones that I thought I'd never find a use for. I added a corner of vintage lace from a recent yard sale find. I love adding the gimp trim in a meandering, looping form. I think that's how my mind works, actually.

I'm really happy with the seams on this block. I too often go for the botanical looking seam treatments and I'm trying to "branch" (sheesh, I even talk botanical) out and do less of those and more...what? geometrical? I don't know what to call it, but I know it when I see it.

Had fun with the flower centers here. They're made using an encrusting stitch, which is simply 3 beads threaded together and stitched down so they stick up. Varying the colors of the beads works best for a textured look.

1 comment:

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

My Word - you do beautiful stitching woman! I love how this is coming together - looking good!
Hugs,
Kerry