Sunday, January 9, 2011

Until my dyeing day!

I'm pretty sure that the thing that got me thinking about making a CQ version of the fisherman's prayer poem (see previous post!) is that Lauri and I HAD a dyeing day on Friday. I'd been buying a few alcohol ink dyes at a time and finally figured I had enough to do some good mixing and blending.
Here's Lauri, giving me a fierce look because she hates to have her picture taken. I reminded her that she snapped a photo of me with my hair in a towel when she arrived to take us to the retreat in September. But to her credit, she hasn't posted that photo....yet.....she looks like she might be changing her mind though, doesn't she?


Here are some of the things I dyed:


Here's our set up. We used ice cube trays to mix the dyes. It really takes a very small amount of dye, so the individual cups are perfect.

Here are some of Lauri's things, including a square of velvet that got a rainbow wash.


And a few more of mine:


We had great fun, but I didn't do any threads, so hopefully I'll find time to pull out everything again soon.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

It sure looks like you two had fun and got a lot accomplished! Makes me want to sit down and dye. As if I had space. Nothing will happen until I finish clearing up my studio, LOL! Hugs, Cathy

Connie said...

Wow - wish I could have been there! One of my favorite things to do! Looks like you had very good success at it too - very lovely pieces.

Judy S. said...

Gosh, it would have been fun to watch you dye these lovely pieces, Janet. Wishing you and yours a wonderful 2011!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the bright colors! awesome job you ladies did!

Lori K