Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A round robin block

I've joined a RR on Crazy Quilting International (a yahoo group) that has an anything goes theme. There are 5 of us, and would you believe that three of the 5 of us chose a Christmas theme for their block? In July? We should be done in November, so I guess it makes more sense than you'd think at first.
Here is the first block that I've been priviledged to work on:

It belongs to Sherry K. in Washington. She used some of my favorite fabrics, mixing cotton prints with satins and black velvet, and did the piecing by hand. I could embellish the whole block, but being the first to get it, I'm going to try to hold myself back and leave room for the others.
I did the silk ribbon embroidery poinsettia bouquet along the green seamline, and the long gold thread and bead seam to the right, and the spider and web. The spider is a gold metallic bead. I hope Sherry knows the legend of the Christmas spider....

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love the poinsettia SRE - looks great! Of course, your seams are always wonderful, as well as your spider webs. What a great RR!

Lisa Boni said...

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see it in person!