Saturday, April 12, 2008

Green wedge done


Here's my green wedge. I started with the tree and have placed it so it should be growing upright when the wall hanging is assembled, but you never know. This is about the 3rd tree I've done in this method and I like how they've come out. This one is apparently a cherry tree; it has tiny bead cherries that look ripe and tasty. Actually, with the scale, they look more like apples.....okay, it's an apple tree, with tiny bead apples that look....you know.
Check out my little frog. I've done this guy before and think I may have "invented" using chain stitch to make a frog. This is the first time I've added beads to his body, though.
The lady-head button is silver toned, or was, anyway. I gave it a couple of coats of green fingernail polish which made it just slightly greenish.
The star design is one I collected from viewing antique CQs that are for sale on Ebay. I've collected quite a stitch library from them over the years.
Now on to yellow!

3 comments:

WIPPYSPLACE said...

OH WOW!!! love the tree!!! and Yellow is next...this I gotta see..no less pretty than the others, i am sure! just wonderful! *~*CAROLE*~*

WIPPYSPLACE said...

OH--do you mind if I use your idea for tree in one of my projects? *~*CAROLE*~*

Grandma said...

I LOVE your tree!