Thursday, August 11, 2016

Since April....

You might wonder what the heck I've been doing since April when I last posted. Well, I have been busy with multiple things; work, stitching, relaxing, etc.  One new fun thing in my life is this little guy. His name is Hagol (hoggle) and he belongs to our daughter Trystan and her husband Matt. They were told he's half pug, but they're not sure what the other half is. I suspect as he grows it may become more apparent who his other parent might have been.


 It's really hard to get a photo of him, as he tends to be in constant motion or asleep. Not much in between.
 He's mostly still here; just the mouth in motion!
 Some cards I have for sale at Grand Valley Books....

 I am just starting a round robin this month with 5 other crazy quilters, with the theme of Birds, Butterflies, and Bees. This block belongs to Pat Freeman.
 I covered a clutch-type purse thing that I bought at Salvation Army. Not sure if it will be a needle book, a purse, or maybe I'll sell it. This is one side....
 ...and the other side.
A Yahoo Group that I belong to had a block swap with the theme of summer. This is the block I sent in. The fence and arch are made of crocheted lace.

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I Janet. Nice to see you post and share what you have been doing. Cute pup. 3 years ago my grandson brought home a pup who he was told was part boxer/part pit bull (such a great mix). I'm thinking there must be part horse in there too since he now weighs 136 pounds!! Love your CQ stitching.

Judy S. said...

Love the new puppy! It was fun to see what you've been doing. Are you still working at the book store? I just saw that Sara Donati has a new book out! Hurrah! Enjoy the rest of summer.