Thursday, January 12, 2012

I'm such an angel...

On the yahoo group called Crazy Quilting International that I belong to, there are lots of round robins going on at any given time. Each round robin will have either 5 or 6 stitchers in it plus an angel. The angel is a stitcher who doesn't have a block making the rounds, but is available to step in if someone who does can't continue stitching til the end for whatever reason. This is the 3rd or 4th RR I've been an angel for, but the first time I've actually been called into "active duty".
The stitchers in this RR are Michele, Annamarie, Genevieve, Jocelyn, and Marianne. After the RR started last summer, there were fires, floods, and illness to contend with, but these ladies are about to see the end of the road as each will soon have their precious blocks home. For Michele, it will be a new home, different than the one the block was mailed out of, as she lost her home in the Bastrop, Texas fire.

I hope she likes it. I think it's just gorgeous, and it came to me that way! I just filled in some bare spots and will be sending it home today.

No comments: