Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I painted a button!

Yay me! I haven't painted a button by myself until now. I did some larger mother of pearl shapes, but this is an actual vintage button from a group I bought on Ebay a couple of years ago. I had two classes with Gerry Krueger at the CQ retreats, so a big thank you goes out to her.

This is the little haunted house for my witch hat, and the button is less than 1 1/4" across. There's a bit of glare on the lower side, but believe me this scan was much better than trying to take a photo with the camera; that didn't work at all!

12 comments:

Gerry Krueger said...

Hooray for you...the button is perfect for your witch's hat... I am finding that photographing the buttons is the biggest problem because you have to be directly over it.. Your scan turned out good tho.... I did cottages this week... For some reason the sealer picked up the green paint and ruined them all...unless green cottages are in... Hugs Gerry K.

Laurie said...

Janet! You did it and it turned out great! This will be great on you witch hat. Such talent!

Cathy said...

Oh, how cute! - Cathy L

Darlene said...

wonderful job

Debbie said...

Wonderful job Miss Janet! I can"t wait to see your witches hat finished..Debbie (Maine)

Cathy said...

Wow, Janet! You are amazing! What a GREAT button - I am so thrilled for you. You really should announce this on the CQI list. Of course, you might have to be prepared to start taking orders, LOL. Way to go! Hugs, Cathy

Rita in Kansas said...

WOW!You had a great teacher, love the button,what will you paint next? surprise us! Rita

piney cq said...

VERY kewl!! I LOVE it!! Such talent you have!

Marianne S-M said...

Excellent job! I bought a gorillapod tripod for less than $20.00 from llbean.com I think for digital camera , then use macro setting for close-up. I did this to photograph some SRE, worked well

Anonymous said...

the button is just beautiful! such small work! You are the best! LOL

Lori K

FredaB said...

Janet you did a great job on the button. I am impressed. That is going to be some hat when it is done.

Hope mine turns out half as good with all the nice black fabrics you gave me at the retreat.

Have a great Christmas.

Hugs

FredaB

Connie said...

Way cute!