Friday, October 22, 2010

Witch hat, a little more progress

Here's the caldron:

The "potion" bubbling away inside it is a small scrap of funky textured yarn that I picked up off the floor at the retreat. It was blue, but I was able to dye it a weird green using my new set of alcohol ink dyes. With the addition of some slime green glass beads, viola! you have a gurgling, seething, and probably poisonous potion fit for witch! Hurry away, little frog, or you go in the pot too...

All I added here is the jack-o-lantern button, but he seemed to have the right facial expression for the saying.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

This is turning out so cute Janet, keep us updated!!

Gerry Krueger said...

This is so cool... must post picture modeling it.... I don't think I mentioned I collect hats...hmmmmmmmmm Gerry K.