Sunday, June 20, 2010

The book store

Here's part of what has been keeping me away from blogging lately. In March I got a part time job at a locally-owned used book store. On the last day of April, they opened a second store downtown on Main Street, and my work time has been about equally divided between the two. I took my camera to work with me one day recently, and a few days later Michaela and I took a stroll down Main Street pretending to be tourists. We took photos and went into different stores and just window-shopped others.
Here's the book store inside:




And here's the outside, from across the street:

And here are some of the sights on Main Street. We have a lot of sculptures in the Art on the Corner program, some of which are temporary and for sale, and others are permanent:










3 comments:

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

I love that dinoaur on the bicycle! Wonderful sculptures - looks like a beautiful town!
The bookstore looks lovely - I can just imagine how many treasures you will find there that just have to come home with you! lol
Hugs,
Kerry

Gerry Krueger said...

It great to live where outside is appreciated as it makes a town so much more liveable... It has been soooooooooooooo long since you posted and I missed you...

Gerry K.

CarolynPhi said...

What a beautiful place to spend time in, and the window shopping must be wonderful!! I love the book stores where you work!!! I LOVE books, too!! I always have one or two books on my bedside table!!!