Friday, November 13, 2009

Our trip to the big city

Lauri and I made an excursion to the big city of Delta yesterday to do some shopping. I'm being facetious here... for those who don't know, Delta is a small town about 1/2 hour's drive southeast of our small city. They have 2 Clubb stores right on the main "drag" through town; one is a fabric store and the other is a Ben Franklin, which has EVERYTHING. The fabric store is fairly large and well stocked, and they will cut you a fat quarter (18"X22") of fabric at the same price as a quarter yard (9"X44"), which I'm not sure any place here will do. They also had some trims I've never seen here before, including the hot pink flower trim here:

....which was over $8 a yard, so I didn't buy much, but it is so lovely! The black and white braid was on a clearance rack for 30 cents a yard, and I bought it aaalllllll, bwhahahaha!
I also got the two Santa kits (all the wooden pieces and instructions to make the Santa dolls) for $1 each, and the "no evil" monkey applique there. If you're ever in Delta, Colorado, I'd recommend stopping at this store. Heck, make a special trip, like we did!

In the picture above, the tiny gold angel wings were from the Ben Franklin store, as was this lovely lady:

Isn't she just delightful? I plan to make her a cloth body and crazy quilt gown and hat. She'll be the craziest witch at the Monster Mash Ball next year.

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love that witch! Sounds like you and Laurie had as much fun as Sharon and I did stimulating the economy, eh?

lavonneskid said...

Hi Janet,
I check your blog every once in a while, just to see what you're up to and any family pics (or Colorado pics) you might be posting. Fun to read about Delta and Clubb's. I used to buy my aprons at Clubb's Ben Franklin store. Also bags of popcorn! Fun memories. Thanks for the mention of Delta. I miss it and the beautiful clouds, and of course Grand Mesa.
Gordon would say hi if he was here, but he's at chorale practice.
Take care ~ Bonnie